www.pscbullet.com is completely exam guides of Kerala Psc and other competitive exams. Here we are publishing the part of model questions of ‘High Court Assistant‘. Please mark your review and comment your opinion and suggestions.
1. What does the “Judicial Review” function of the Supreme Court mean?
Answer – Examine the constitutional validity of the laws
2. A writ of Mandamus can be issued by the Supreme Court to
Answer – An official to perform public duty
3. An appeal to the High Court lies in case the Session Court has awarded the punishment of
Answer – Four years or more
4. Under the Constitution, the power to issue a writ of Habeas Corpus is vested in
Answer – Both Supreme Court and High Courts
5. A writ issued by the Supreme Court compelling a quasi-Judicial/public authority to perform its mandatory duty is
Answer – Mandamus
6. How many types of writs can be issued by the Supreme Court?
Answer – Five
7. The Supreme Court of India enjoys
Answer – Original, appellate and advisory jurisdictions
8. The Judges of the High Court hold office
Answer – Till they have attained 62 years of age
9. Indian Penal Code came into operation in
Answer – 1862
10. In which case did the Supreme Court restore the primacy of the Fundamental Rights over the Directive Principles of State policy?
Answer – Minerva Mills Case
11. Which of the following is not the essential qualification for appointment as a Judge of the Supreme Court of India?
Answer – Should be at least 35 years of age
12. Judicial review in the Indian Constitution is based on:
Answer – Procedure established by Law
13. The Judges of the Supreme Court retire at the age of:
Answer – 65 years
14. The first Act permitting legal marriage with a person not belonging to one’s endogamous group is
Answer – Hindu Marriage Validity Act
15. The State which has a common High Court is
Answer – Maharashtra and Goa
16. The Supreme Court is empowered to settle election disputes of President and Vice- President. This is its
Answer – Original Jurisdiction
17. Which two States have a common High Court?
Answer – Haryana and Punjab
18. A writ issued by the High Court or the Supreme Court to protect the fundamental rights of the citizens is known as
Answer – Habeas Corpus
19. Of the following, who held the Offices of Judge of the Supreme Court and the Speaker of the Lok Sabha
Answer – K.S. Hegde
20. Implementing laws is the function of
Answer – Executive
|Download Pdf File||HCA Model Question|