www.pscbullet.com is completely exam guides of Kerala Psc and other competitive exams. Here we are publishing the part of model questions of ‘High Court Assistant‘. Please mark your review and comment your opinion and suggestions.
1. The highest and final judicial tribunal of India is :
Answer – Supreme Court
2. Which of the following High Court has jurisdiction over more than one State/ Union Territories?
Answer – Guwahati
3. Who of the following decides the number judges in a High Court?
Answer – The President
4. The Chief Justice and other Judges of the High Court are appointed by the :
Answer – President
5. The oath to a High Court Judge is administered by the :
Answer – Governor of the concerned state
6. The Supreme Court of India was set up under which of the following Act?
Answer – Regulating Act, 1773
7. In India, the power to increase the number of judges in the Supreme Court lies with :
Answer – The Parliament of India
8. Disputes between the States of India comes to the Supreme Court under
Answer – Original jurisdiction
9. Which of the following statements is correct with respect to a retired judge of a High Court?
Answer – Cannot practice in the High Court from where he has retired
10. Who was the Chief Justice of India when public interest litigation (PIL) was introduced to the Indian Judicial System?
Answer – P. N. Bhagwati
11. The civil affairs like marriage, divorce, inheritance etc. which has been authorized by the Constitution to make legal laws?
Answer – Centre and States, by the Concurrent List of the Constitution
12. Which of the following writs/orders of the High Court/Supreme Court is sought to get an order of an authority quashed?
Answer – Certiorari
13. Why did one of the High Courts in India decree that “bandhs are unconstitutional and punitive”?
Answer – It is not in the exercise of a fundamental freedom
14. Which of the following is at the apex of the subordinate criminal courts?
Answer – Court of Sessions Judge
15. Preventive detention means-
Answer – Detention without interrogation
16. Who is empowered to transfer a Judge from one High Court to another High Court?
Answer – President of India
17. The main function of the judiciary is:
Answer – Law adjudication
18. The salaries and emoluments of the judges of the Supreme Court are changed on:
Answer – The Consolidated Fund of India
19. Which of the following “writs” of the High Court or the Supreme Court is sought to produce in the court a person, suspected to be missing/ in custody?
Answer – Habeas Corpus
20. Where the High Courts in India first set up?
Answer – Bombay, Madras, Calcutta
|Download Pdf File||HCA Model Question|